Saturday 27 October 2007

Even my wife said Charlton looked slow

After coming back from friends who live two doors away, which is just is a well as (no 1) we don't have to book a taxi(no 2) we can stagger back and collapse in front of the telly, at least I can, my wife has disappeared to bed. Michael Parkinson is interviewing Sir Bobby Charlton my all time hero and what a gent. His emotion has always got to me and his description of the plane crash which destroyed the brilliant young United team always brings me to tears, or is it the 5th bottle of Suffolk Ale.
Today I had a great brunch/ lunch with fellow Bloggers at Legends and what a lovely bunch of people they are.
This should have set me up for the day, especially as I was trying to keep up with NYA on his Guinness consumption - beat me hands down.
The match -well, when I got home my daughter greeted me by saying" we tried to see you on telly but all the grumpy old men looked too young to be you. My wife who really does hate football said" QPR missed a penalty didn't they and Charlton they play in red don't they", yes I said. well my wife then said" Charlton looked so slow on the ball where as QPR looked slick ". Quickly depart to another room -Slick sounds like something out of Grease.
Crap game- but I still love Charlton
Come on you Reds.
Quote from Gillinghams web-site
Gillingham 3 Bristol rovers 2
into their half but were soaking up every attack until Bentley played the ball forward to Gary Mulligan in the 90th minute. Mulligan's marker intercepted the pass but could only nod the ball down across the 18-yard box. Dickson, who had been hugging the left touchline, then steamed in and powered a brilliant drive past the keeper.
Bring back Dickson

No comments: