Tuesday 29 July 2008

15,001 it could have been 15,002 but unlike Frankie I failed

I think I'm 15,001, but my son has changed his mind at the last moment .

There you have it, I renewed my season ticket late Friday afternoon and as I am a late subscriber I will be sitting in a new seat, but at least I still managed to grab an aisle seat which will enable my long lanky legs to stretch out on moments of boredom.
Last season, on occasions my son nagged me to take him to the Valley, so to keep him happy this season I suggested a Charlton under21 season ticket . Oh! how things change, my son now has a girlfriend who understandably comes first in almost everything he wants to do, so after having suggested that I would subsidize the purchase of a season ticket he boldly asked me " thanks Dad for the season ticket offer but my girlfriend would really like me to learn to drive so instead of the season ticket, could you pay for some driving lessons . OK I thought good idea as I'm going to save some ££££ and the sooner he learns to drive the better for us because it can be a right royal pain in the bum, when he asks for a lift at 1 am .
So yesterday I passed the BSM shop in Bromley and read the big sign saying book ten lessons before August 10th and get 10% off- or something like that, so yep I went in and enquired . Not only was I
persuaded to book 10 lessons but also 6 lessons on a simulator which when explained would really save you loads of dosh as your son will be ready to drive straight away on his first lesson. Total cost for that lot was £325.00, shoot there goes any chance of saving money.

Bougherra to go Zi Zi next

Pardew seems a little pissed off and who can blame him . At the bloggers get together Mr Murray said that ZiZi is desperate to play in the premiership and I am surprised that there has not been a descent offer from a top six premiership club. ZiZi has massive marketing potential and possibly the biggest in the world, he is a national hero in China and if he was to play for one of the top six premiership clubs they could double their support overnight and television rights could bring in millions.
Why do I fear that we will become a Norwich or Ipswich - well supported but unable to build a squad good enough due to financial restrictions .

Mexicans love the Premiership

The other Sunday we met some people from Mexico and of course the conversation got around to football . Apparently the English Premiership is watched by millions of Mexicans on Sky TV and the top four have massive following. My question was if that is the case why are there not more Mexicans players in the premiership and to my surprise the reply was- Mexican players are the highest paid players outside of Europe .




Come on you Reds


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason that no top 6 club has come in gor Zheng-Zhi is that he is nowhere near good enough. The Championship is about his right level.

Anonymous said...

The reason that no top 6 club has come in gor Zheng-Zhi is that he is nowhere near good enough. The Championship is about his right level.

charlton north-downs said...

Hi TT
Your right hes an average Premiership players but money is everything in that division and even if he is a passenger it might be worth playing him just for dosh-I am not condoning that by the way.

ChicagoAddick said...

"My son now has a girlfriend who understandably comes first in almost everything he wants to do" Tsk, tsk. The yoof of today.

The Mexican Primera Division is extremely competitive and tribal CND from what I know of it, and the players are treated like gods. The clubs also cut themselves each their own lucrative TV deal, which is where their cash comes from.

charlton north-downs said...

Honestly CA, it seems like only yesterday we were taking our son to our Caravan at Romney Sands most weekends in the summer-which he loved for many years- fantastic times. We eventually had to sell it because my son and daughter did not want to be associated with a couple of oldens so it was not worth paying lots of ground rent. Now he keeps on saying- why ever did you sell the caravan -I wonder why!