Friday 23 November 2007

Gutted CND needs a Charlton win tomorrow

Sorry I have a to disagree with anyone who thinks England's loss is somehow good for the Country and English football. Think back to 1996 A great tournament rekindled the game in this Country and brought back the good feel factor. Last year in the local Pub watching England win a couple of matches with partisan support was fantastic and I'm really going to miss that this summer. So sod it I have a busy life, a family, a good job, but bloody hell I was depressed Thursday morning and I am still now.
Ten years old watching England win the World cup final, little did I know that, that win could be the only time England lift a major trophy in my life time.
The players I feel so sorry for is David Beckham and Scott Carson. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but throwing an inexperienced keeper in a match worth 2.5 billion to the economy and a viewing audience of 450 million was dam right crazy -David James should have played. David Beckham however much criticized for his Hollywood lifestyle will be greatly missed and tell me who do we have to replace him . Paul Gascoigne was probably the most gifted player of our generation and Beckham stepped into his shoes admirably, but who will step in Beckhams.????
Tomorrow Charlton will win 4-2 because their on a roll and I can see it in my pint of ESB

No comments: