Sunday 28 December 2008

Dont panic Mr Mannering but were doomed I tell ye were doomed

Yes we are but from the ashes we will rise again and I for one will still support our wonderful club who over many years has given me such joy, heartache and most of all something to believe in, be it good or bad. We have to look to the future and basically start again with new management and dare I say it, a new Board. All good things come to an end. Great managers are hard to come by and I would like pay tribute to two past managers, Sir Lennie Lawrence and Alan Curbishley , surely now both proven with out doubt to be the greatest managers in the history of Charlton Athletic, but I would also like to pay homage to the greatest Board the club has ever had, which is the current one. Mr Murray, you have done as much as any Chairman could do and you have ear'nt your well deserved retirement. A new era is about to be begin, so Come on you Reds and I wish everyone a Happy New Year .

3 comments:

ChicagoAddick said...

Maybe the 'old board' was the greatest, this current board structure competes with the Gliksten led one as the worst.

ChicagoAddick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Confidential Rick said...

Well said CND I echo your thoughts entirely.I still find it difficult to come to terms with how quickly we've sunk in about 2 yrs.
Still Happy New Year old son, have a beer on me...