Tuesday 28 August 2007

The feel good factor

Luckily my wife can read me like a book and if she knows Charlton are playing, always asks me after a match "how did they do ", she will know instantly if Charlton have won . It has often been reported that productivity and good feeling increase in factories and offices when
the local football team win over a weekend. Well I have been feeling good today and also had time to read back on my match report. The trouble is, although we have two computers in our household I still have a hell of a fight to get 20 minutes to myself, so spelling and grammar sometimes go out of the window, but I suppose, as long as the gist of the post is OK, maybe I can be excused.
My son is having his 18th Birthday bash on Saturday, so I will be unable to attend the Palarse game, but to be honest, as long as I can go to 20 or more home games, I will be quite content. We will disappear for the night to the Cinema and a late night Chinese after doing most of the preparations and return to our house, hopefully still in one piece(the house that is). Although feeling good today, I'm also feeling rather ancient, my son tells me I am occasionally, in an affectionate way of course. It seems just like yesterday I was holding his hand, taking him to Infants School.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Son is 3 and I already fear him turning his back on his old dad. Does your son go to Charlton?

charlton north-downs said...

Hi Anonymous
My Sons great and we get on well, but he never got bitten by the Charlton bug like me, although it wasn't through lack of trying on my part. 3 is a great age, but all the ages bring different joys, but teenagers can be a difficult one.
Regards CND.