Friday 11 April 2008

The Trouble with Season Tickets and a bit of Friendly Banter

Season Tickets

The trouble with season tickets is if you want to go with someone who can only go four or five times a season it will prove impossible to sit together. My son and a couple of mates from my tennis club have asked several times this season if its possible to come along to a match but with me having a designated seat it is not much fun sitting on your own - I may well enquire at the club if there are flexible seats for season ticket holders- mind you if we fail to gain promotion this season it may well not be a problem anymore . It could be like a half full cinema -Yes Sir sit anywhere you like.

Banter


The good thing about people who are supporters of the great game, it can be an easy way to start a good working relationship. I'm the buyer of paper for three or four magazines my Company publish and a couple of years ago I changed supplier . When we were negotiating a deal I happened to notice the supplier had a QPR key ring and it was a bit like you show me yours and I'll show you mine as we both held up our club key rings. Ever since then its been friendly banter either by phone or e:mail.
Here are a few recent examples .


Hi Paul

Here are your latest and very late reports! I will update these before
our visit on 22/04. It is close to the big game would you like me to
check the availability of tickets to make the much talked about visit to
Mecca?

Thanks & Regards

Ken


Hi Ken
Thanks for the reports-I'm up for a visit to
Lofty Road as long as we are not in the home end because its going to
be
very difficult for me not to jump out of my seat after every Charlton
goal.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

I will check out availability and see if we can get some nice seats next
to Jack the Knife, Phil The Gun and Stu the Sword, but trust me I won't
mention your allegiance...

I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks
Ken

Not the funniest of exchanges but it makes for an easy working relationship. Actually I think if we beat Southampton there is going to be a full house at Rangers.

Our Managing Director of our South Coast Office is a Southampton supporter and was hoping to come a long with me on Saturday but alas the season ticket gets in the way. I'm in a dilemma- do I renew or buy match day tickets on a regular basis for next season ???????????????

Tomorrows game

Charlton 4 Southampton 1 Lita 2 Iwelumo 2 attd. 25,621


Come on you Reds

1 comment:

ChicagoAddick said...

I believe if you had bought individual tickets for each game, it would have been cheaper than a season ticket CND.

I assume to extra cost is for guaranteeing your seat and the convenience.