Friday 25 April 2008

Who's laughing now-Certainly not me

Incredibly busy at work trying to deal with my Company's year-end, the AGM and suffering some kind of depression on the outcome of this very disappointing season, has meant there has not been much time or incentive to write anything, but hey-ho life goes on- worse things happen at sea. Unfortunately there is one thing that is really getting my goat and that is the way we played the Palarce. The Chairman, the manager and the players approached both games as though it was a cup-final and their lives depended on the results -don't they know you need to play 46 cup-finals to get out of this poxy division. We played them the way Scotland play England- win at all costs and the Scots would rather beat England in a friendly than win the World Cup. If we had lost both matches 6-0 to the Palace, but still reached the play-offs it would have been fine by me. God how the Orange one must be laughing all the way to his private room at the Savoy .
There is nothing in this current team that suggests any sought of promotion push next season. We need to look in the lower leagues for up and coming players with something to prove, not Premiership has-beens. Curbishley brought some great lower league players into the club and a few went on to be legends.
Unfortunately I have to agree with Confidential the glory years may well be over, but
I'm in for the long haul so -Come on you Reds

Having just watched Dave Roberts of Charlton Forever (who does a fantastic job on the blogs-many thanks) on video, curiosity has got the better of me and I have been trawling the West ham blogs trying too find out more about Pardew and his so called misdemeanors which led to his sacking. Please e:mail me with any information. I'm a bit of a sad git really.

1 comment: