Tuesday 4 November 2008

I feel sorry for Pardew-But

Ok! I know he is on a fantastic salary, that we can only dream of, and he probably owns a nice big house in Surrey but his life at the moment must be one of a living nightmare. When things go wrong at work for me, I feel the pressure and might often have a sleepless night or so . Pardew must be thinking his world has turned upside down, being sacked by West Ham early in a season is a body blow, but he still managed to retain his reputation and some respect from the West Ham faithful, who I think thought it was far to early in the season for him to be sacked . Now there are 20,000, Charlton fans wanting him out. To be sacked by Charlton, a Championship club early in his second season or two and a half seasons with his reputation in taters and ninety nine percent of Charlton fans, ready to kick him out the door, must seem to him as though he has landed in the middle of Baghdad. Maybe he is arrogant and will blame the Board for the clubs demise, but surely in his heart of hearts he must know it just hasn't worked out and he is failing miserably. So if he has any sense of dignity, pride and maybe heart he should make an honorable decision to meet the Board half-way and leave by mutual consent, exactly like Aidy Boothroyd has done at Watford. Pardew is a good manager and I think his past proves that but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit- on this one I have failed and I cannot justify my position, if he does resign, I think he has a chance of salvaging some respect by his own admittance.
By leaving now it will give a new manager a chance to salvage this season, possibly similar to what happened at Palace last season.

3 comments:

Kings Hill Addick said...

The thing is CND I suspect he believes that he is still the best man for the job and that he can turn it around, keep us up this season and make a decent fist of promotion next season and look to leave with his head held high. I suspect that he also thinks he should be managing a Premier League team and wants to be able to prove his salt with us before getting a job worthy of his talents.

I know this sounds mad bearing in mind where we are right now, but if he does agree to go he will be accepting that he can’t do any more, and if we do climb up the league he is unlikely to get that new job. Perversely if we go down he can walk away claiming that the board sold him short and there will be no evidence to prove him wrong. If we disappear then he can claim to be right and if we storm the third division he cam claim it’s due to the development of the young players during his time in charge.

However, I do agree with you that despite what he earns this must be a most terrible time for him, and I do feel some sympathy for him, but irrespective, for the sake of the club, his feelings and desires must come second.

Anonymous said...

According to teletext he is being allowed to bring in more loan players. This indicates they are letting Pardew stay at least for some time. This is disastrous!

With the Charlton website down all day I was praying for momentous news.

I can't believe the Board are giving him more time. He'll be the death of us.

Pembury Addick

charlton north-downs said...

Kings Hill and Pembury however much he believes in himself he must be feeling pretty rotten at the moment but I suppose if you put your self in the front line you must expect to be shot at. I am watching amazing programs about the loss of life in the first world war at the moment which puts this whole situation in perspective.