Sunday 2 November 2008

Gutted disallusioned Depressed and thats just the weather

Saturday

The beer at The Rose of Denmark and meeting Blackheath Addick and friends were definitely the highlight of the day(but must apologies profusely for not meeting up with one of our best post a comment contributors Pembury Addick ) although the tennis in the morning despite the rain was pretty good too. Surprisingly as the rain got heavier just before kick off , the mood was one of optimism, soon to be dispelled rather quickly , two minutes after kick-off to be precise.
Why! am I so shocked by our performance today as I have seen it many times in my Charlton supporting life and unfortunately on this consistency it has been usually in a relegation season. I was trying to write something positive last night but gave up, but fortunately my mood is a lot better this morning. We are not a team , we lack pride and passion and certainly there are too many players on the park who are not willing to give all for the shirt. The guy next to me was feeling guilty by saying in way I hope we do lose because it means Pardew will no longer be with us, although he did counteract that by saying, up until two or three weeks ago I supported Pardew.
He also made a good point, that if we do get relegated, it will be like stepping back in time to the seventies, but the cost of attending matches then was a tenth pro-rata of what it is today.

The Match

It is hard to describe this match as there really is not anything that is positive to write.
1-0, after 2 minutes 2-0 after 20 minutes, 3.-0 at half-time, shots on goal for Charlton 0 Barnsley 3
Second half felt more like damage limitation and as Barnsley shut-up shop it really was that. I have seen Charlton come back and win from 3-0 down but that is when we had a recognised goalscorer, this current team I'm afraid has none.
It is in my nature to be optimistic and positive but yesterday was so deflating although I stayed to the end and didn't boo, I just held my head my hands for most of the match. Is this entertainment watching your team that you love play so badly -well yes, because this is what supporting your local football team is all about, you have to take the rough with the smooth. At the moment it feels very rough.

Player rating
Weaver 7 Not at fault with any of the goals and looked the only player who cared although I'm sure thats not true.
Moots 7 Good game

The rest 3 sorry lads.
The crowd 7 We did get behind the team even at 3-0, the booing started when we could see the spirit was not there.

Pardew should now do the honorable thing and move on, after all even in business and certainly at my Company when managers have gone stale and cant motivate, most don't need to be pushed on to pastures new.
If only I felt like writing the post previously to this one.

Oh well! Come on Reds.

5 comments:

Pedro45 said...

Welcome to the Redvolution CND!

Kings Hill Addick said...

If Pardew is on the reported £750k a year, he will not walk away. I doubt he would be able to command £100k anywhere else anytime soon, so it would cost him over £1m, and he doesn't have enough honour for that. Although, to be fair nor do I.

Burgundy Addick said...

The drinks were indeed the highlight CND, good to meet up. Day after and its still totally depressing. At least with two away games up next the onus is on Pardew and the players to show the sort of spirit that's necessary to get us out of this mess - if they can. At least we won't have to hear how few points we are off a play-off spot for a while at least.

Anonymous said...

Fear not CND, we will share a sherbert soon!

Some positives!

The 11 neutrals I took to the game all enjoyed it. They might not become fans (yet) but they will go again I am sure. The six boys all joined in the clapping and I am sure I'll get them singing soon. They certainly behaved themselves better than they did at the training session in the morning!

We are organising are bigger party for the Forest game - I will be making team selection the following week on how loud they sing!

Contrast that with our manager who attended a Chelsea Champo league game last season.He said the poisonous and bitter atmosphere would deter him from ever going again.Taking kids up there is the last thing he would do.

Things might seem bad right now, and booing fans hack us off, but to the neutral we have a lot to offer - on and off the pitch. And another big plus is the Valley Express - well done Mr Murray et al.

Pembury Addick

Second Division And Proud said...

Power to the people
Welcome aboard CND
JOIN THE REDVOLUTION!