Saturday 21 June 2008

Its all about performing on the night

Russia 3 Holland 1

Thank goodness justice was done with Russia finally winning 3-1 against an outplayed Dutch team.
It would be easy to say that Holland were flat and played very poorly but I would rather say the Russians, who should have won the game in normal time at least 3-0, played the sought of football that will leave every purist puring with delight. In my opinion, the Russians played the best football I have seen in the tournament, they played with flair, style and as a team which the Dutch failed to do. Here's hoping they go on to win the tournament.


Turkey 1 Croatia 1 Turkey win on pens

Although Croatia played the better football on the night they never really reached the heady heights of their previous performances. The match it self was very cagey and I think
some people might of found this game a turn off, I actually still found it fascinating and watchable just to see how a team of no hoper's can fight for the lives and in the end win through. Great equaliser from Turkey who really are the team that will never give up. Croatia needed to do more to warrant a mis -justice quote.
The underdog I wonder why I will always support them .

No comments: