Thursday 18 September 2008

Champions -Champions-sorry its tennis again

OK nobody is going to care a Flying Monkey about this but in these dark financial days of meltdown I need a fucking boost . After playing tennis last I night I had a phone from our club captain to say our Vets team had won the North Kent Summer league First Division in which I played in all 10 matches only losing once. Promotion to the Premier league will mean a massive leap up and most teams like Beckenham, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells have top County players, but what the hell we will give it a good go. Believe it or not a few years ago when our humble team was playing in the top league we played (not Vets) Bromley who are National Super league Champions and one player in their team was Delgardo who has qualified for Wimbledon -needless to say we were lucky to win a point . When I was playing football I received loads of medals but with tennis I have only won a handful-so this latest one with a shield and a presentation by the LTA will be most welcome.
Makes me realise how good it is to play sports at a competitive level which I have done all my life and will continue to do so

5 comments:

ChicagoAddick said...

Congrats CND.

Anonymous said...

Congrats - hopefully a good omen for Charlton's season.

charlton north-downs said...

Many thanks guys-Oh for a good season for Charlton

Anonymous said...

Does Dartford have any county players ? Or any players at all.....?

And well done to you !

charlton north-downs said...

Hi Compo's welly-thank you-yes they do and they play at what is now the old Glaxco Welcome ground by the river. They have two very good County players and we will probably be playing against them next season.