Monday 15 September 2008

How Murray was stitched up by a reporter

According to a recent Tim Henman interview, Andy Murray was stitched up when being interviewed with Henman just before the World Cup 2006. Scotland had just failed to qualify and Henman started taking the mickey which led to some good natured anti-English retaliation by Murray- very much in jest, but the reporter who wanted a good story and headlines made them out to be Murray's true opinions.
Wyn Grants report that Murray's coach is a fanatical Charlton fan may have some truth as Murray was at the Wolves game which was announced at half-time and received a mediocre applause. The Jury is still out on Murray even amongst the Charlton crowd with the guy next to me saying" Murray's great" and the guy behind me saying" I just don't like him". Personally I like winners and Murray certainly has my support. Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe were players I really admired although I'm going to counteract it all by saying Bjorn Bjorg is my all time tennis hero, which is just as well, because he is a fellow Charlton supporter.

No comments: