Probably controversial , but my top ten strikers that I have seen play are
1. Daren Bent- Scored goals at the top level and in a poor team for two seasons.
2. Andy Hunt - One of the best all round strikers I have seen in a red shirt, but never performed at the top level because of his illness. What a partnership he could have made with a fit Mendonca.
3. Clive Mendonca- A hero and a legend. A great goal poacher and again denied playing regularly in the top flight, due to injury.
4. Derek Hales- A great goal scoring machine, but not at the highest level. Took a long time to settle at Charlton, but scored loads of goals in a long career . The Championship is far stronger now than the old Second Division. Just a matter of opinion of course.
5. Jason Euell- supporters seem to have forgotten how good he was and our top scorer for three seasons, although not a true striker. It all went pear-shaped on one match against Man Utd
6. Mike Flanagan- Scored 120 goals for Charlton , a great all round performer.
7. Paul Williams- Never played at the Valley, but finished top scorer for two seasons at the graveyard in the old First Division, so quick around the box . Went on to play well for Sheffield Wednesday.
8. Ray Treacy - Did not score a great number of goals but the ones he did score were spectacular and very important.
9. Arthur Horsfield-The real old fashioned Centre Forward.
10. Paul Walsh -What a talent but I never looked upon him as a striker because of his all round play -Could have been a contender if he had played more matches.