Saturday 23 June 2007

Benty to Tottenham-Defoe to?

Football is a subject that seems to be broached on any occasion and yesterday was no exception. After a long conversation with two of my Tottenham supporting Nephews, it was interesting to note how keen they are for Bent to sign at the expense of Defoe . I am not a great believer in what goes around comes around, but possibly the Tottenham supporters sense someone who's loyalty is in question(the way he treated West Ham and Charlton). Parker for me, is the best player to have worn a Red shirt , but I do not have the same admiration or respect that I have for players like Bent or Holland. My conclusion to all the transfer activity Charlton have been involved in over the last few weeks, mean its inevitable that Bent will be transferred. Maybe my optimism got the better of me, after Benty turned down Wet Spam, but now there is no way we can afford to keep Benty, as the club need to balance the books, unless, one of the wealthy Directors has put a few million into the transfer kitty-dream on you might say.

No comments: