Wednesday 22 October 2008

Charlton 0 Bristol City 7 So much for positive thinking

Many moons ago I got a little bit interested in the ge-gees and dabbled a bit at the bookies, thankfully my gambling predictions were so awful, I gave it up and will be forever grateful to the man upstairs for not giving me that first big win, which has been the ruin of many a poor soul. It seems to me that my score predictions for Charlton are as bad as my Horse Racing punts. Not only did I get the score wrong but by a whacking seven goals.
Sorry I'm being a bit stupid on this one -but with Charlton playing the way they are, all my logic has gone out of the window.

Charlton 0 Bristol City 2

Great Beer -Guinness Red, its worth a try- followed by the best Cod and Chips in Bromley -East Street to be precise-(Tom Bell Fish Restaurant) cooked while you wait. Good match for 25 minutes, with Charlton playing some great football, if only we had a striker to finish all the great play off. The crowd roared the team on and surely the first goal would go to the Had'icks(sorry got fish on the brain) -then Bailey does what every schoolboy is told not to do and gets caught in possession, just outside our penalty area . Of course we are punished and an accomplished finish by Lee Trundle (if only he played for Charlton, we would have been 2-0 after fifteen minutes) makes the game effectively over and we never recovered from that set back. In the second half we started like scared rabbits caught in the headlights of a speeding car. Instead of getting hold of the ball we gave it away as though it was a slippery Eel. Dark, gloomy times at the Valley and the mood certainly amongst the East Stand crowd seemed to be one of complete acceptance of our fate, as the hangmans noose and gallows draw ever nearer. We may have the facilities and ground of a lower Premiership club, but I don't know if I can bring myself to watch Third Division football again as according to Second Division And Proud-that's the league we will be playing in, if we are relegated.


Join the revolution, which has become the signature of our very own accomplished blogger Pedro 45

No comments: