Saturday 11 October 2008

I have a dream-and my wife thinks Im mad

Watching Match of the Day in the Evening

A
great throw by Buffon to Terry, who passes it to Gerrard (playing in London at last) to Walcott who races down the wing and puts in a great cross to Rooney who volleys a great shot into the corner of the Manchester United net to put Charlton Athletic 3-0 up. Surely now, Charlton are going to be crowned Premiership Champions for the first time, and in front of a capacity crowd of 55,000, at the Valley to close the 2011-12 season . Wow what a dream -it must have been those five pints of Bishop Finger . Jesus whats this hitting the headlines, Charlton to be taken over by one of Dubai's richest Companies. My wife reads it as well and says to me "Charlton wont be little old Charlton anymore" . I know I know but half the fans who attend home games at the Valley think were a big club and should be winning every game 5-0, with this investment it may well happen.

Charlton a good investment-My season ticket might be

How strange I nearly didn't buy a season ticket this year but fortunately did so at the last moment , by doing so I might have bought myself an investment. Just think as we walk away with this seasons Championship and I get a free season ticket for next season, I'm sure with capacity sell out crowds I could well put it on E bay for a couple of thousand smack-a-roons . This is how I see it, the Valley's capacity will be cut to 23,000 whilst the double tier East stand is completed. Demand for tickets will be extraordinary as many fans clamber to see the up and coming Charlton team filled with young premiership stars, who look destined to qualify for the Champions League in 4th Place.

Being a South East London Club-will seal the deal.

Your traveling from Dubai in your private jet you have an important business meeting in London's Park Lane Hotel on Friday afternoon and the next day you want to see your club, the club that you own play Arsenal . London is the place to be and if you want to throw a bit of pocket money at a Championship club who have the potential to be a big London Club then its a sensible gamble and if it comes off, could well bring substantial bonus's in prestige, exposure and maybe a great return on a small initial investment. After-all Charlton have always had a great catchment area and the Thames gateway will bring in extra supporters by the bus load.

This is the only way Forward

Sorry I have been very spoilt with our seven seasons in the Premiership and I want to see the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal play again to a capacity filled Valley. The Championship is so much second best . The only chance we have of that happening is to get foreign investment and I'm sure there are probably 90 clubs in the Football league who will be dead jealous if this deal comes off.

2 comments:

Marco. said...

This could be our big chance. This being Charlton I'm sure that we will find a way to balls it up.......
Marco

Anonymous said...

Nice site where we got more information from this site. Really it is very nice site.well, keep up it.