Thursday 23 October 2008

Oh well ! were on our own

That's that then. We have been in worse financial situations in our illustrious history and I'm sure the club will survive . My expectations are zero now, which is good thing. If we can stay in this division I will now class that a success. Foreign money! who needs it.
I love the club and have done for more than 42 years, so my support will always be strong, but I have to question why I do go to every home game. Sad as it is I do go on my own so there is not even the comfort of any social banter before or after the game, I normally get that when I play tennis in the morning and then have a couple of pints and a ploughmans and a good chat and banter from fellow tennis players . Sometimes though I leave early to get to the Valley and I am starting to question that now.
Norwich , Southampton , Ipswich and others clubs have all been there and survived looks like we will join them.
Come on you Reds.

No comments: