Monday 23 April 2007

BURN OUT AND THE BARBECUE

BURN OUT
There has been more tension over the last eight weeks than in the last two years down at the Valley and I don't think I can take anymore (God knows how the manager and players must feel). Oh for a Scott Parker on Saturday, I blame our predicament on Abramovich and his millions , his pocket money bought the best Charlton player ever, all because he witnessed the best Charlton team ever destroy Chelsea . (galling thing is Raneri did not even want to buy Parker as they had an abundance of midfield players, but I am sure he would of gone anyway so I suppose there no point harping on about the past. We just needed a midfield player to take the game by the scruff of the neck but alas it was not to be. Why do we get punished for every error!, that's the premiership I suppose. Quite frankly I feel we are lucky to be in this position anyway, and I think Pardew believes that as well . His first interview suggested that the task was near impossible, and it looks like its becoming reality .
The next three games are all play off finals, and if we do not win at Blackburn the fat lady will be singing at the top of her voice.
BARBECUE
Thankfully a friend invited us to a barbecue on Saturday night (In April -last year we had snow)
and I duly drowned my sorrows on a few bottles of Spitfire . The kids got the karaoke playing and after a few beers too many I joined in . Why is it there is never any Jethro Tull on the play list, a band I have followed almost as long as Charlton .

No comments: